Sizzling Restaurant Style BulGoGi Recipe (Korean BBQ: 불고기) + Mukbang/Eating Show
Updated: Oct 25, 2019
I am super excited to share this Restaurant Style Sizzling, Smoking Beef BulGoGi 불고기 recipe with you! Ever wonder how the Korean BBQ restaurants make the BulGoGi platter so that it is literally singing the yummy-joys of that sizzling sound??? Well, wonder no more because I will show you how you can make your BulGoGi platter sing that happy, yummy-joyful sound at home!
When it comes to Korean BBQ, there are endless options of meat, including seafood, with or without marinades. BulGoGi (불고기) is one of the most popular Korean BBQ that are enjoyed by many. BulGoGi (불고기) literally means "Fire" (Bul 불) "meat" (GoGi 고기). It is meant to be grilled on super high "fire." BulGoGi (불고기) is also a huge comfort food in Korean cuisine. Ok, it is a high-end comfort food...:-)
This BulGoGi Recipe Video Includes:
How To Prepare & Clean Your Raw Beef
How To Shop For BulGoGi Beef
Tips On Slicing Your BulGoGi Beef
How To Make BulGoGi Marinade Sauce
How To Store & Store Your Marinaded BulGoGi Meat
How To Pan Sear & Cook Your BulGoGi
How To Enhance Taste & Season Your BulGoGi, like Restaurant-Style
How To Make Sizzling & Smoking BulGoGi Onion Platter
How To Enjoy Your BulGoGi:
- Simple ways with Korean rice & kimchi
- Wrapped in toasted seaweed with avocado, kimchi & Korean rice
- How To Make Simple BiBimBap Bowl (with BulGoGi, scrambled egg, avocado cubes, grilled onions, kimchi, shredded lettuce, torn toasted seaweed, GoChuJang/Korean Red Pepper Paste & sesame oil)
BulGoGi Mukbang: BulGoGi Tasting/Eating Show
Below you will find the following information:
- Other suggested Modern Pepper video recipes
- Amazon.com links for ingredients and suggested kitchen gadgets for Korean BBQ BulGoGi 불고기 recipe
- Recipe instructions
If you haven't done so yet, please SUBSCRIBE to Modern Pepper YouTube channel. I upload a NEW VIDEO RECIPE EVERY THURSDAY! I WOULD LOVE TO COOK WITH YOU AGAIN...:-)
Click To SUBSCRIBE: https://www.youtube.com/ModernPepper
WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE COMMENT BELOW...:-)
Please take a photo of your BulGoGi when you make it, posted it on your social-media, and TAG @ModernPepper. I would love to see your BulGoGi creation!
Also, leave me requests for future recipes for both traditional Korean cuisines and everyday meals with a Korean twist.
See you soon in my next video recipe...:-)
Thanks for watching!
Korean BBQ: Beef Short Ribs Galbi/Kalbi 갈비구이 Recipe & How To Cut Galbi Short Ribs - Modern Pepper Recipe #26
Korean Bulgogi 5 Ways: Beef, Chicken, Pork & Mushroom/Vegan Bulgogi Recipe (Korean BBQ 불고기) - Ep #4
Korean BBQ Lettuce Wraps Ssam 쌈 & Dipping Sauce SsamJang 쌈장 (Bacon & Vegan Recipes) Modern Pepper #5
Korean BBQ Scallion Salad: Pa MuChim 파무침 For LA Galbi 갈비 BulGoGi 불고기 - Modern Pepper #27
Bibimbap (비빔밥 Korean Mixed Rice) & Dolsot-Bibimbap (돌솥비빔밥 Korean Stone Pot) - Ep. #39
Korean Rice 101 (Bap: 밥짓기 For HANGRY Souls: Multigrain Rice Japgokbap: 잡곡밥 - Modern Pepper #3
(Serving Size: 2 Adults)
- 1 lb Sliced rib eye (but any beef meat will suffice)
- 1/4 Cup soy sauce
- 1/8 Cup mirin
- 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp miso paste
- 1/2 Tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 Tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 Tsp of sesame oil
- 2 to 3 Fresh garlic cloves chopped
- 2 Stalks of green onions/scallions, green part only (finely chopped)
1/2 Medium/Large Onion (sliced)
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Water
1 Tbsp Water
1 Tsp Beef Dashida (beef bullion powder)
AMAZON.COM Ingredients & Recommended Kitchen Gadgets For Korean BBQ BulGoGi 불고기
(CLICK on the Amzon.com links below to view the item, NOT the pictures!)
All-Clad 7112NSR2 MC2 Professional Master Chef 2 Stainless Steel Bi-Ply Bonded Oven Safe PFOA Free Nonstick Fry Pan Cookware, 12-Inch, Silver
Sizzling Plate for Steak, Fajita, Bulgogi, Galbi, Korean BBQ Sizzler - Premium Ceramic (12" Dia, Large)
Lodge LFSR3 Cast Iron Fajita Set, Pre-Seasoned
It is very common that you have your BulGoGi with lettuce wrap with a Korean condiment called Ssham Jang. You can make this by watching the Lettuce Wrap video above OR buy it.
Chung Jung One Sunchang Seasoned Soybean Paste (Ssamjang)
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2CUO5zl
Chung Jung One Sunchang Hot Pepper Paste Gold (Gochujang)
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2C4iqMo
CJ Dashida Soup Stock Beef Flavor 2.2LBS (1KG)
by CJ Foods, Inc.
Hikari Organic Miso Paste
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2IIjjtS
Kishibori Shoyu (Pure Artisan Soy Sauce), Premium Imported Soy, unadulterated and without preservatives
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2AyzxVI
Kikkoman Soy Sauce
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2KhKM4F
Kikkoman Manjo Aji Mirin, 17 fl oz
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2w97Jme
Ohsawa Genuine Mirin, Organic Sweet Rice Seasoning Wine for Traditional Japanese Cuisine, Aged over 9 Months for Umami Flavor
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2IFhXzV
Simply Organic Ground Garlic | Certified Organic
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2REmd6S
Kadoya 100% Pure Sesame Oil 5.5 oz
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2CThYQL
Ottogi Premium Roasted Sesame Oil, 10.82 Ounces
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2vtDoyx
100% Pure Raw & Unfiltered Honey - Kosher Certified
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2NylTUK
Olive Oil Greek medal winner
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2AC9BbO
Zoe Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 25.5 FL. OZ. tins (Pack of 2), Organic Spanish Extra Virgin Olive Oil
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2Ay7W7l
Spicy World Peppercorn (Whole)-Black Tellicherry
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2ACzNDo
COLE & MASON Capstan Wood Pepper Grinder - Wooden Mill Includes Precision Mechanism, 12.5 inch
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2McIeGE
Wusthof Classic 8-Inch Chef's Knife
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2DtFEwi
Wüsthof Twelve Piece Block Set
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2OGYJvT
Wusthof Classic 7-piece Slim Knife Block Set
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2Q03tx9
Outdoor Grilling Gadgets For Cooking BulGoGi
#1 BEST Vegetable Grill Basket - BBQ Accessories for Grilling
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2q4YCji
Grill Pan, Grill Topper Stainless Steel Charcoal Grill Accessories
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2q2lcsu
WolfWise Portable BBQ Grilling Basket 430 Stainless Steel Removable Wooden Handle
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2PHlUGN
BBQ Masters Heavy Duty 4 Piece BBQ Grilling Tools Set - Extra Thick Stainless Steel Barbecue Grill Accessories
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2q4sLip
Korean BulGoGi is ideally enjoyed with freshly cooked Korean rice. Please watch the video above on How To Make Korean Rice. BUT if you are in a pinch, you can try these microwavable Korean rice. It comes out tasting like it was just freshly made. Super delicious!
CJ Hetbahn Cooked White Rice, Gluten-Free, Vegan
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2yrJ24O
CJ Cooked Budding Sprouted Brown Rice
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2O8C7rO
Marinading The Meats:
- If you don't live near a Korean market to purchase the pre-sliced rib eye beef, freeze the meat for 30 minutes (or until half frozen) before slicing the meat at home.
- Presoak the sliced beef in a big bowl with cold water (completely submerged) for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Using a colander, let the pre-soaked meats drain naturally for 10 minutes (do not squeeze out the excess water).
- Using a large bowl, mix the marinade ingredients thoroughly.
- Add your meat and thoroughly coat all the sliced meats. (I prefer to use my hands to mix, wearing Korean disposable kitchen gloves.)
- Store the marinaded meets in your refrigerator overnight (12 hours). If you are pressed for time, let it marinate for an hour in the refrigerator or 30 minutes on your kitchen counter. (Make sure to double bag or store in an air-tight container.)
- For freezing the marinaded Bulgogi for future consumption, please make sure to double/triple bag your marinaded meats in smaller portion sizes for our traditional Korean and non-traditional recipes.
Cooking Your BulGoGi Sizzling Restaurant Style:
- Use a non-stick frying pan. Set the heat to high at first, add 1 tbsp of olive oil and lightly sear the meats on high heat (2-3 minutes/light brown marks on the meat), then lower the heat to medium. (On another stove, set it to high, and place the sizzling plate and preheat for 2 to 3 minutes.) Turn over the meat and finish cooking for 2 to 3 minutes. Use your chopsticks to break up the meat. Set the stove heat to low and add the Beef Dashida powder, mixed in with a Tbsp of water, to the pan and mix well for 30 to 60 seconds. Turn off the heat.
- Once the sizzling plate is heated to super high temperature, turn on your exhaust fan, lower the stove heat to medium, add 1 Tbsp of olive oil, sliced onions, 2 Tbsp of water and cover with a large lid. (If you don't hear the sizzling sound when you add the onions, it means that you didn't preheat the sizzling plate to be hot enough.) . 60 seconds later, remove the lid and mix the onions around. You should see some grill marks on the onions. Turn the stove heat back to high. Then add the cooked BulGoGi on top of onions. Make sure to add all the BulGoGi juices to the sizzling plate. Garnish with some green onions. Now, it is ready to impress your lucky guests that will dine on this delicious restaurant style sizzling BulGoGi.
- Place the meats, if possible using Korean grilling gadgets listed above. OR layer a thick sheet of foil (poke some holes on the sheet and lay your meat down) on the hottest part of the grill. Grill for 3-5 minutes and move/turn meats around to finish cooking. See the outdoor grilling gadgets listed above.
Using Your Oven At Broil Setting:
- Place your oven shelf at the highest setting. Preheat your oven for at least 5 minutes. Lay your meat on a baking sheet (center the meats in the middle so it is directly under the broiler heat) and place directly under the broiler heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes/until you see some brown marks on the meat. Turn the meat over, and let it cook for another 3-4 minutes/until you see some brown marks.
#bulgogi #koreanbbq #restaurantstyle #bulgogirecipe #koreanbbqrecipe #bulgogimarinade #불고기 #kbbq #lagalbi #koreanbbqmarinade #koreanbbqrecipe #koreanstylebbq #howtoeatkoreanbbq #bulgogimukbang #kbbqmukbang #mukbang #koreancookingshow #koreanrecipes #koreanmukbang #modernpepper #koreaneatingshow #koreanrecipes
Korean BBQ, K-BBQ, Korean Barbecue, How To Make Korean Bulgogi by Chef Jia Choi, Korean beef barbecue ("LA Galbi": 갈비), Galbi (Kalbi) Korean Marinated Rib BBQ, Korean BBQ Recipe (Galbi Recipe), Korean BBQ-Style Beef (Bulgogi), Korean Galbi BBQ: Grilled Beef Short Ribs (갈비구이), Bulgogi (Korean BBQ) Recipe, seonkyoung longest, How to cook up a KOREAN BBQ, Korean grilling, Korean beef recipe, Bulgogi recipe, Bulgogi mukbang, korean bbq mukbang, eat with kim, korean eating show, hyuneeEats, galbi, kalbi, Korean marinated bbq rib, maangchi, How To: Korean BBQ at home, Korean cooking, Korean Food, Korean Recipes, Korean cooking lesson, Korean cooking show, South Korean Recipes, Korean Vegan Recipe, Korean Paleo Recipe, Korean Food Tasting, Korean Mukbang, Korean cooking tutorial, How /to Cook Korean Food, How To Make Korean Food, Tasty Korean, Korean Tastemade, bulgogi, vegan bulgogi, Korean BBQ, Korean Barbecue,Bibimbap, dolsot bibimbap, 한국 요리, Korean food culture, gochujang, Korean red pepper paste, Sugar Free recipes, Sugar Free Cooking, 4K video, BTS, K-pop, K-pop food