Korean Fried Chicken Wings: CRUNCHY BAKED WINGS with TWO Sauces (Dakgangjeong 닭강정) 양염치킨 두 가지 소스 레시피
Updated: May 6, 2020
These Korean Chicken Wings are FINGER-LICKING-GOOD! No one will think that these wings were baked. Instead, they will think that these were deep-fried because these are SUPER CRUNCHY & CRISPY. Oh, and the sauces...can't even talk about it without drooling...YUM! Today's recipe includes two Korean Chicken Wings sauces: (1) 🌶Spicy-Garlicky and Slightly Sweet Sauce (매운 양염치킨 소스 황금레시피) (2) Tangy and Slightly Sweet Soy-Sauce-Garlicky🧄Sauce (간장-마늘 양염치킨 소스 황금레시피). ⭐️BONUS: EASY Buffalo-Wings Sauce & Low-Calorie "Blue Cheese" Dipping Sauce Recipes.
🇰🇷바삭 바삭한 구운 닭강정 황금레시피 (간장-마늘 닭강정 레시피 & 매운 소스 닭강정 레시피) ⭐️🇰🇷보너스 레시피: 미국-버팔로 치킨 매운 소스 레시피
AND, you can prepare these sauces in advance and with a proper heat up (see instructions below), you can serve this at your next party, without having to commit to the stove while your guests are in your house having fun without you!
You can find the following items below:
- Ingredient List
- Online links for ingredients and suggested kitchen gadgets for today's Korean Chicken Wings & Buffalo Wings Recipes
- Recipe Instruction
If you haven't done so yet, please SUBSCRIBE to Modern Pepper YouTube channel. I WOULD LOVE TO COOK WITH YOU AGAIN...:-)
WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE COMMENT BELOW...:-)
Also, leave me requests for future recipes for both traditional Korean cuisines and everyday meals with a Korean twist.
Thanks for watching!
(Serving Size: 2 Dozen Chicken Wings)
2 dozen chicken wings
Dry rub for the chicken wings
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tsp sweet paprika
- A few pinches of kosher salt (approximately 1 Tsp)
- 1/3 Tsp black pepper
Dusting dry mixture for the chicken wings
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1/2 sweet rice flour
- 1 Tsp kosher salt
1 can of olive oil spray (use any oil of your choice)
Buffalo Wings Sauce:
- 3/4 cup Crystals hot sauce
- 3 Tbsp butter
Creme Fraiche "Ranch" Dipping Sauce
- 2 Tbsp creme fraiche
- 1 Tbsp milk (whole milk is preferred)
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 Tsp brown rice vinegar (any mild vinegar will suffice)
- To taste: kosher salt and black pepper
- Carrots and celery to serve with this dipping sauce
Korean Soy-Sauce Chicken Wings Sauce (non-spicy)
- 1/2 small white onion (minced)
- 3 cloves of garlic (finely minced)
- 1 stalk of scallions (minced)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 soy sauce
- 1/4 brown rice vinegar
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tsp Dashida (Korean beef bouillon powder)
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 cup cold water
Spicy Korean Chicken Wings Sauce
- Same ingredients as above (Korean Soy-Sauce Chicken Wings Sauce)
- 1 Tbsp GoChuJang (Korean red pepper paste)
- 2 Tbsp Heinz ketchup
- 1/2 jalepano pepper (thinly sliced)
Amazon.com Links For Ingredients & Suggested Kitchen Gadgets
(CLICK on the Amzon.com links below to view the item, NOT the pictures!)
Chung Jung One Sunchang Hot Pepper Paste Gold (Gochujang)
Marukan Seasoned Rice Vinegar 12 Oz
Mizkan Pure Brown Rice Black Vinegar (Domestic Brown Rice 100%)
Dasida Beef Flavor Soup Stock
Mochiko (Sweet Rice Flour) - 16oz [Pack of 1]
Sweet Rice Flour, ChapSsal GaRu (2 Lb) By ChoripDong
Corn Starch (2 lb.) by Pure Organic Ingredients, Thickener For Sauces, Soup, & Gravy, Highest Quality, Kosher, USP & Food Grade, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Eco-Friendly
Kishibori Shoyu (Pure Artisan Soy Sauce), Premium Imported Soy, unadulterated and without preservatives
Kikkoman Soy Sauce
Crystal Hot Sauce, 6 oz (Pack of 2)
Heinz Organic Tomato Ketchup
Pam No-Stick Cooking Spray - Purely Olive Oil - Superior No Stick With Extra Virgin Olive Oil - Net Wt. 5 OZ
Simply Organic Oregano | Certified Organic | 0.75 oz. (3 Pack)
Simply Organic Ground Garlic | Certified Organic
Szeged Sweet Paprika Seasoning Spice
Wholesome Organic Dark Brown Sugar, Fair Trade, Non GMO, 1.5 LB (Pack of 6)
100% Pure Raw & Unfiltered Honey - Kosher Certified
Top Shelf Parmigiano Reggiano 1lb. Frank and Sal Imported Cut Fresh and Vacuum Sealed Daily To Order - Aged 24 Months
Diamond Crystal Kosher Salt, 3 lbs
Spicy World Peppercorn (Whole)-Black Tellicherry
COLE & MASON Capstan Wood Pepper Grinder - Wooden Mill Includes Precision Mechanism, 12.5 inch
Microplane Professional Series Fine Cheese Grater - Made in USA Blade
Mixing Bowls: Duralex Made In France Lys Stackable 10-Piece Bowl Set
OXO Good Grips 11-Inch Better Silicone Balloon Whisk
Tramontina Professional Aluminum Nonstick Restaurant Fry Pan, 14"
All-Clad 7112NSR2 MC2 Professional Master Chef 2 Stainless Steel Bi-Ply Bonded Oven Safe PFOA Free Nonstick Fry Pan Cookware, 12-Inch, Silver
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Jelly Roll Baking Sheet
Wusthof Classic 8-Inch Chef's Knife
Wüsthof Twelve Piece Block Set
Wusthof Classic 7-piece Slim Knife Block Set
- In a large mixing bowl, add the chicken wings, garlic powder, oregano, sweet paprika, black pepper, and salt. Mix well and make sure all the chicken wings are covered in spices. Store in a container or plastic bag and let it marinate overnight (10 hours) in the refrigerator. If pressed for time, let it marinate for an hour in the refrigerator.
- Once the chicken wings have been marinaded overnight or for an hour, place in a large mixing bowl and let the chicken come to room temperature. (Let it rest on your kitchen counter for 15-20 minutes.) In a small mixing bowl, add the corn starch, sweet rice flour, salt, and mix well. Add the mixed flour to the large mixing bowl with the chicken wings. Using your hands, mix the flour with the chicken wings, making sure each wing is fully dusted with the flour.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- On a large baking sheet (cover with foil), place each wing on the sheet, making sure that there is enough room between each wing (as shown in the video).
- Spray each wing with the oil spray. Turn the wings over and spray on both sides.
- Bake for 45 minutes or golden brown at 350 degrees. You do not need to turn over the wings halfway through baking.
- To Make The Buffalo Wing Sauce: In a non-stick frying pan (preheat to medium-high), add the hot sauce and butter. Once the butter melts and it starts to bubbles, turn the heat off. Your Buffalo Wings sauce is ready. That EASY!
- To Make The Creme Fraiche "Ranch" Dipping Sauce: Add the creme fraiche, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, brown rice vinegar, black pepper, and salt in a small mixing bowl. Using a small whisk or a fork, mix well. You can make this sauce a day in advance.
- To Make The Korean Soy-Sauce Chicken Wings Sauce: Using a non-stick frying pan (preheat to medium), add the olive oil, onions, garlic, salt, and pepper, and saute until translucent."sweaty." Add 1 cup of boiling water (raise the heat to high), brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, Dashida, and mix well. Once it starts boiling, turn down the heat to medium, add the butter and scallions. Once the butter is melted, add the corn star water (Mix the 1/4 cup of cold water and 1 Tbsp corn starch well) slowly while whisking the sauce in the pan. Continue whisking the sauce for 30 seconds or until it thickens.
- To Make The Spicy Korean Chicken Wing Sauce: Follow the steps above. Before adding the corn starch water, add the GoChuJang (Korean red pepper paste) and ketchup to the pan and mix well. Then slowly add the corn starch water while whisking the sauce in the pan.
TIP: If you want to prepare the Korean sauces ahead of time, prepare the sauce, minus the butter, corn starch water, scallions, and jalapeno. You can store the prepared sauce in the refrigerator (max of 2 days in advance). Once you are ready to serve the sauce, heat the prepared sauce in the pan. Then add the butter, scallions, and jalapeno. Once the butter is melted, slowly add the corn starch water while whisking the sauce in the pan.
- Mixing The Sauce To The Baked Chicken Wings: In a large mixing bowl, add the heated sauce to the warm chicken wings (straight from the oven), and mix well, making sure that each wing is generously coated in the sauce. Plate the chicken wings on a plate. Do not add the extra sauce to the plate. Add the extra sauce to the plated chicken wings will make the crispy wings soggy.
닭강정, fried chicken, crispy fried chicken, Korean fried chicken, crunchy fried chicken, superbowl chicken, spicy crispy chicken wings, sweet spicy crispy chicken, fried chicken wings, crispy homemade chicken wings, the best Super Bowl chicken wings, Korean food, Korean cooking, Korean cuisine, chicken recipe, best fried chicken, most popular fried chicken recipe, dakgangjeong,
Korean food, Korean cooking, Korean cuisine, Korean recipe, Korean authentic recipe, Korean kitchen, cooking, YouTube video recipe, Korean kitchen, 레시피, 만들기, Modern Pepper, 한식 요리, 한국 요리, mukbang, 요리 블로그, 황금레시피, vegan Korean, Korean recipes, Korean cooking blog, Korean cooking vlog, Korean cooking show, Korean eating show, 레시피, 가정요리, recipe, korean, mukbang, daily, vlog, eating, show, social, mukbang, cooking, homemade, korean, 먹방, Chicken Wings Recipe; Baked Chicken Wings; How To Make Spicy Korean Fried Chicken Wings Sauce; How To Make Non-Spicy Sweet & Tangy Soy Garlic Korean Fried Chicken Wings Sauce; Baked Chicken Wings Recipe; Low Calorie BAKED Chicken Wings Recipe;DakGangJeong 닭강정, YangnYeom-Dak 닭양념; How To Make Buffalo Wings Sauce