Korean BBQ BulGoGi 불고기 Sandwich Recipe + Mukbang (🥩Beef 🍗 Chicken 🍄Mushroom/Vegan Bulgogi)
Updated: Oct 25, 2019
If you love the taste of Korean BBQ Bulgogi and warm sandwiches, you'll love today's BulGoGi sandwich recipe! In the last recipe, we made Restaurant-Style Sizzling Bulgogi, and as a follow up to that recipe, we'll be making BulGoGi Sandwiches: Open-faced Beef Bulgogi, Chicken BulGoGi, and Mushroom Bulgogi, especially for my vegan friends😉
Remember to watch the second half of this BulGoGi sandwich video recipe which also includes Mukbang/Eating Show/Tasting Show! I have to taste the sandwiches with you to make sure they are delicious and worthy of you replicating it at home😋😘😋
Below you will find the following information:
- Other suggested Modern Pepper video recipes
- Amazon.com links for ingredients and suggested kitchen gadgets for Korean BBQ Bulgogi 불고기 sandwich recipe
- Recipe instructions
If you haven't done so yet, please SUBSCRIBE to Modern Pepper YouTube channel.
I WOULD LOVE TO COOK WITH YOU AGAIN...:-)
WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE COMMENT BELOW...:-)
Please take a photo of your BulGoGi sandwich when you make it, posted it on your social media, and TAG @ModernPepper. I would love to see your Bulgogi creation!
Also, leave me requests for future recipes for both traditional Korean cuisines and everyday meals with a Korean twist.
See you soon in my next video recipe...:-)
Thanks for watching!
BulGoGi (Korean BBQ: 불고기) Sizzling Restaurant Style Bulgogi Recipe + Mukbang - Ep. #60
Korean BBQ: Beef Short Ribs Galbi/Kalbi 갈비구이 Recipe & How To Cut Galbi Short Ribs - Modern Pepper Recipe #26
Korean BBQ Scallion Salad: Pa MuChim 파무침 For LA Galbi 갈비 BulGoGi 불고기 - Modern Pepper #27
(Serving Size: 2 Adults)
- 1 lb Sliced rib eye (but any beef meat will suffice)
- 1 lb Thinly sliced chicken breast
- 1/2 to 2/3 lb Fresh Mushrooms: Oyster, Shiitake, Trumpet & Portobello (remove/trim stems and cut into thick strips)
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/8 Cup Mirin
- 1/2 Tbsp Honey
- 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tbsp Miso Paste
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Freshly Ground Back Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 to 3 Fresh Garlic Cloves (finely minced)
Dressing Up Your Sandwich
1 Italian, French Baguette or Vietnamese Bread
2 to 3 Tbsp Creme Fraiche
3 to 4 Slices White Cheddar Cheese
Tomatoes (thinly sliced)
Fresh Green Bell Pepper (thinly sliced)
Red Onion (paper thinly sliced)
Fresh Parsley Leaves (a handful)
Green Onions/Scallions (green part only, finely minced)
Kosher Salt (a few pinches)
Freshly Ground Black Pepper (less than 1/4 Tsp)
1 Tbsp Water
1 Tsp Beef Dashida (beef bullion powder)
(Substitution Options: 2 Tbsp chicken or vegetable broth)
1 Tbsp Olive Oil for pan-searing your BulGoGi
AMAZON.COM Ingredients & Recommended Kitchen Gadgets For Korean BBQ BulGoGi 불고기
(CLICK on the Amzon.com links below to view the item, NOT the pictures!)
All-Clad 7112NSR2 MC2 Professional Master Chef 2 Stainless Steel Bi-Ply Bonded Oven Safe PFOA Free Nonstick Fry Pan Cookware, 12-Inch, Silver
Top Rated Bellemain Premium Quality Stainless Steel Lemon Squeezer with Silicone Handles
Chung Jung One Sunchang Hot Pepper Paste Gold (Gochujang)
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2C4iqMo
CJ Dashida Soup Stock Beef Flavor 2.2LBS (1KG)
by CJ Foods, Inc.
Hikari Organic Miso Paste
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2IIjjtS
Kishibori Shoyu (Pure Artisan Soy Sauce), Premium Imported Soy, unadulterated and without preservatives
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2AyzxVI
Kikkoman Soy Sauce
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2KhKM4F
Kikkoman Manjo Aji Mirin, 17 fl oz
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2w97Jme
Ohsawa Genuine Mirin, Organic Sweet Rice Seasoning Wine for Traditional Japanese Cuisine, Aged over 9 Months for Umami Flavor
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2IFhXzV
Simply Organic Ground Garlic | Certified Organic
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2REmd6S
Kadoya 100% Pure Sesame Oil 5.5 oz
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2CThYQL
Ottogi Premium Roasted Sesame Oil, 10.82 Ounces
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2vtDoyx
100% Pure Raw & Unfiltered Honey - Kosher Certified
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2NylTUK
Olive Oil Greek medal winner
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2AC9BbO
Zoe Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 25.5 FL. OZ. tins (Pack of 2), Organic Spanish Extra Virgin Olive Oil
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2Ay7W7l
Spicy World Peppercorn (Whole)-Black Tellicherry
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2ACzNDo
COLE & MASON Capstan Wood Pepper Grinder - Wooden Mill Includes Precision Mechanism, 12.5 inch
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2McIeGE
Clean Ones 513017 500 Count Disposable Poly Gloves
Wusthof Classic 8-Inch Chef's Knife
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2DtFEwi
Wüsthof Twelve Piece Block Set
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2OGYJvT
Wusthof Classic 7-piece Slim Knife Block Set
CLICK HERE: https://amzn.to/2Q03tx9
Marinading Beef & Chicken BulGoGi:
- If you don't live near a Korean market to purchase the pre-sliced rib eye beef, freeze the meat for 30 minutes (or until half frozen) before slicing the meat at home.
- Presoak the sliced beef in a big bowl with cold water (completely submerged) for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Using a colander, let the pre-soaked meats drain naturally for 10 minutes (do not squeeze out the excess water).
- Using a large bowl, mix the marinade ingredients thoroughly.
- Add your meat and thoroughly coat all the sliced meats. (I prefer to use my hands to mix, wearing Korean disposable kitchen gloves.)
- Store the marinaded meets in your refrigerator overnight (12 hours). If you are pressed for time, let it marinate for an hour in the refrigerator or 30 minutes on your kitchen counter. (Make sure to double bag or store in an air-tight container.)
- For freezing the marinaded BulGoGi for future consumption, please make sure to double/triple bag your marinaded meats in smaller portion sizes for our traditional Korean and non-traditional recipes.
Marinading Mushroom BulGoGi:
Trim the ends of the Oyster and Trumpet mushrooms. Loosely separate the Oyster mushrooms. Slice the Trumpet mushrooms into long strips, relatively thick (1/4"). Remove the stems of the Shitake and Portobello mushrooms. Slice the Portobello mushrooms into thick slices (1/2" thick). Slice the Shitake mushrooms into 1/4" thickness. Gently toss the mushroom slices in the marinade, making sure all the marinade has been absorbed into the mushroom slices. Set it aside on your kitchen counter for 10 minutes before pan searing. Sorry, but mushroom BulGoGi does NOT freeze well.
Cooking Your BulGoGi:
- Use a non-stick frying pan. Set the heat to high at first, add 1 tbsp of olive oil and lightly sear the meat on high heat (2-3 minutes/light brown marks on the meat), then lower the heat to medium. Turn over the meat and finish cooking for 2 to 3 minutes. (Use your chopsticks to break up the meat.) Set the stove heat to low and add the Beef Dashida powder, mixed in with 1 Tbsp of water, to the pan and mix well for 30 to 60 seconds. Turn off the heat. (Alternatively, add 2 Tbsp of chicken or vegetable broth.)
- Place the meats on a thick sheet of foil (poke some holes on the sheet and lay your meat down) on the hottest part of the grill. Grill for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown and move/turn meats around to a cooler part of the grill and finish cooking.
Using Your Oven At Broil Setting:
- Place your oven shelf at the highest setting. Preheat your oven for at least 5 minutes. Lay your meat on a baking sheet (center the meats in the middle so it is directly under the broiler heat) and place directly under the broiler heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes/until you see some brown marks on the meat. Turn the meat over, and let it cook for another 3-4 minutes/until you see some brown marks.
#koreanrecipes #koreancooking #easykoreanrecipes #koreanfood #koreancookingshow #koreaneatingshow #mukbang #먹방 #modernpepper #sugarfreecooking #sugarfreerecipes #4kcookingvideos #koreanfusionrecipe #koreanfusionsooking #koreanstylebeefsandwich #koreanstylesteaksandwich
Korean BBQ, K-BBQ, Korean Barbecue, How To Make Korean Bulgogi, Korean beef barbecue (LA Galbi: 갈비), Galbi (Kalbi) Korean Marinated Rib BBQ, Korean BBQ Recipe (Galbi Recipe), Korean BBQ-Style Beef (Bulgogi), Korean Galbi BBQ: Grilled Beef Short Ribs (갈비구이), Bulgogi (Korean BBQ) Recipe, How to cook up a KOREAN BBQ, Korean grilling, Korean beef recipe, Bulgogi recipe, Bulgogi mukbang, korean bbq mukbang, eat with kim, korean eating show, hyuneeEats, galbi, kalbi, Korean marinated bbq rib,maangchi How To: Korean BBQ at home, Korean cooking, Korean Food, Korean Recipes, Korean cooking lesson, Korean cooking show, South Korean Recipes, Korean Vegan Recipe, Korean Paleo Recipe, Korean Fusion Cooking, Korean Fusion Recipe, Korean Food Tasting, Korean Mukbang, Korean cooking tutorial, How /to Cook Korean Food, How To Make Korean Food, Tasty Korean, Korean Tastemade, bulgogi, vegan bulgogi, Korean BBQ, Korean Barbecue, 한국요리, Korean food culture, Sugar Free recipes, Sugar Free Cooking, 4K video, BTS, K-pop, K-pop food, How To Make Bulgogi Sandwich, Chicken Bulgogi recipe, Vegan Bulgogi Recipe, Steak bulgogi recipe, Mushroom bulgogi recipe, How To Make Korean-Style Philly Steak Sandwiches, Bulgogi Cheese Steak Sandwiches, Bulgogi Sandwich Mukbang,