Flavorful GoChuJang Glazed Turkey Burger, Topped w/ Creamy Greek Yogurt Condiment - Modern Pepper Vi
This GoChuJang (Korean Red Pepper Paste)Turkey Burger recipe is loaded with so many yummy flavors. This turkey burger patty is dressed in dry spices, glazed with GoChuJang, for that layer of spiciness, and topped with a Greek Yogurt condiment that adds a creamy texture and balances out the spiciness of the GoChuJang! AND this is served on buttery bun toasted to perfection...YUM!
Below, you will find the following:
- YouTube Video: GoChuJang Turkey Burger Recipe
- Ingredient List
- Amazon.com Links for Ingredients and Suggested Kitchen gadgets used in this GoChuJang (Korean Pepper Paste) Turkey Burger video recipe
- Recipe Instructions
- List of Korean markets in the bay area
If you haven't done so yet, please SUBSCRIBE to Modern Pepper YouTube channel. I upload a NEW VIDEO RECIPE EVERY THURSDAY! I WOULD LOVE TO COOK WITH YOU AGAIN...:-)
Click To SUBSCRIBE: https://bit.ly/2HJ63rl
WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE COMMENT BELOW...:-)
Also, leave me requests for future recipes for both traditional Korean cuisines and everyday meals with a Korean twist.
See you NEXT THURSDAY...:-)
Thanks for watching!
YOUTUBE - GoChuJang Glazed (Korean Red Pepper Paste) Turkey Burger Recipe MODERN PEPPER VIDEO #13
GoChuJang (Korean Red Pepper Paste) Turkey Patty
(Serving Size: 4- 6 burger patties)
- 1.5 lbs Ground turkey
- 1 cup Panko (Japanese Style Breadcrumbs)
- 1 stalk of scallions/green onion
- 1 egg
- 1 Tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 Tsp garlic powder
- Kosher salt ( 2 pinches/approximately 1/3 Tsp)
- Black Pepper (1 pinch or less)
- Olive oil
GoChuJang Glaze (Korean Red Pepper Paste Glaze)
- 1 Tbsp GoChuJang
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tsp honey
Greek Yogurt Condiment
- 3 Tbsp Greek Yogurt (Whole Milk)
- 1 Tbsp finely minced cucumber (English cucumber is used in the video recipe, but any cucumber will suffice. Just remove the inner-core/seeds before mincing.)
- 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 Tbsp brown rice vinegar
- Lemon zest (less than a pinch/1/4 Tsp)
- 1 pinch of Kosher salt
- Less than 1 pinch of black pepper
Sharp cheddar cheese (or your choice of cheese).
Romaine lettuce (or any lettuce of your choice) and sliced tomatoes.
Some olive oil (or your choice of oil) for the frying pan.
Your favorite burger buns. I'm using pretzel buns, but brioche buns are great, too.
AMAZON.COM LINKS For Ingredients & Kitchen Gadgets
(CLICK on the Amzon.com links below to view the item, NOT the pictures!)
Chung Jung One Sunchang Hot Pepper Paste Gold (Gochujang)
Panko Flakes Bread Crumbs Japanese Style
Simply Organic Ground Garlic | Certified Organic
Pride Of India - Organic Garlic Powder, Half Pound
Szeged Sweet Paprika Seasoning Spice
Indus Organics Paprika Powder, 1 Lb Jar, Premium Grade, 100% USDA Certified Organic
100% Pure Raw & Unfiltered Honey - Kosher Certified
Olive Oil Greek medal winner
Zoe Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 25.5 FL. OZ. tins (Pack of 2), Organic Spanish Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Diamond Crystal Kosher Salt, 3 lbs
Spicy World Peppercorn (Whole)-Black Tellicherry
COLE & MASON Capstan Wood Pepper Grinder - Wooden Mill Includes Precision Mechanism, 12.5 inch
Microplane Professional Series Fine Cheese Grater - Made in USA Blade
Mixing Bowls: Duralex Made In France Lys Stackable 10-Piece Bowl Set
Tramontina Professional Aluminum Nonstick Restaurant Fry Pan, 14"
All-Clad 7112NSR2 MC2 Professional Master Chef 2 Stainless Steel Bi-Ply Bonded Oven Safe PFOA Free Nonstick Fry Pan Cookware, 12-Inch, Silver
All-Clad E7951364 HA1 Hard Anodized Nonstick Dishwasher Safe PFOA Free Square Griddle Cookware, 11-Inch
Wusthof Classic 8-Inch Chef's Knife
Wüsthof Twelve Piece Block Set
Wusthof Classic 7-piece Slim Knife Block Set
- In large mixing bowl, add the ground turkey, green onion (finely chopped), paprika, garlic powder, panko, egg, salt and pepper. Mix well, and gently pat it down. Cover with saran wrap and place in the refrigerator for 10 - 15 minutes.
- To make the GoChuJang glaze, add the GoChuJang, water and honey. Mix well and put aside. You can make this ahead of time (even up to a few days before using) and keep in the refrigerator.
- To make the Greek Yogurt condiment: In a mixing bowl, add the yogurt, cucumber, honey, rice vinegar, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Mix well and keep in the refrigerator (best to make this closer to serving, max of 1or 2 hours).
- Preheat your non-stick frying pan to med-high heat (1-2 minutes on the stove). Using your hands, shape your burger patty so that it is wider than the wide of your burger bun. (Keep in mind that approximately 20% of the patty size will shrink after you cook it.) You can make the burger patty as thin or thick as you would like. I made the burger patties in the video about 1 inch thick.
- Add about 1 Tbsp of olive oil to the preheated pan and add the burger patties. Cook the patties until it has a golden-brown crust (2 - 3 minutes on medium-high heat). Turn it over to cook the other side of the patty. Then add the GoChuJang glaze on the side of the golden-brown crust (You can put as little or as much as you prefer). Then add the cheese on top of the glaze. Loosely cover the pan with aluminum foil and finishing cooking the other side of the patty until golden-brown (2-3 minutes).
- Once the cheese has melted and the 2nd side of the patty has a gold-brown crust, turn the heat off, and let the patty rest in the pan with the aluminum foil loosely covered, for good 2-3 minutes. This is to ensure that the middle/inner part of the patty (if your patties are thick) is fully cooked.
- In another non-stick frying pan, preheat to medium heat. Put a generous amount of room temperature butter to the inner sides of your buns. Place the buttered side down on the pan until it is toasted to golden-brown crust (approximately 1 minute, but do keep an eye on it). Then turn off the heat, and turn the buns over to toast/warm up the other side.
- By now both the buns and the patties should be ready to be dressed with lettuce, tomatoes, and Greek yogurt condiment. TIP: Add the Greek yogurt condiment on the lettuce and tomatoes or on top bun. If you add the Greek yogurt condiment directly on the hot burger patty, it will just melt it. This condiment is best served cold.
KOREAN MARKETS IN THE BAY AREA
(Click on the hyperlinked names below)
Unlike the mom-and-pop Korean markets in San Francisco, the markets outside of SF are GIANT size Korean supermarkets.
- Oakland: KP Asian Market
- Daly City: Kukje Supermarket
- Sunnyvale: Hangook Supermarket
- San Jose: H Mart